There are many opinions on how to best get out of this great pandemic we are experiencing. All of them are related to our personal conduct and physical well being. Government officials have established rules and regulations to protect everyone possible. In 2019 we learned to adjust our lives, willingly or not, and keep moving forward; by stopping. Businesses, schools, and churches were closed. Everyone was told to stay at home unless essential personnel. We were given health guidelines to live by. Still, we haven’t gotten through it yet. And that’s just it; it’s really not a matter of getting out of this trial because we will. It’s how we handle getting through this adversity. I believe a crucial part of the process has been overlooked; healing provided by our Almighty God.
Trials are unpleasant but valuable and will always come with change, things God will always place on us. Change is often something most look at with trepidation because the unknown can be unsettling. So, when the only way out is through and experience the change in the process, there is one place you can return to over and over that will never change; the Word of God. Our physical well-being is important, but our spirit cannot be neglected or forgotten. Healing comes in many forms from God, and His Word is always a great starting point. Our Father has 10 valuable offerings in Psalm 91. These are healthful spiritually as any physical protections set by man.
10 Offerings by God in Psalm 91
- Power– vs. 7, You have the power of God within you. The right hand represents Divine power when written in the Word Psalm 110:1, Romans 8:34, Luke 22:69, Psalm 74:11. Through knowing God’s word, you are given His power to overcome trials.
- Protection– vs. 4, He will cover you in His feathers and wings, representing His spiritual truths found within His Word. Every time Satan tempted Jesus in the desert, Jesus went to his Father’s Word for strength. This same protection is provided to all believers. 1 John 5:18, Psalm 27:5, Ruth 2:12, Psalm 17:8, Psalm 61:4.
- An Army– vs. 11, You have an angel army on your side. Hebrews 1:14, Psalm 34:7, Exodus 23:20, Daniel 6:22. How comforting to know whatever you are facing, there is an army of God’s angels right behind you, ready for battle.
- Peace– vs. 1, No one can rest without a sense of peace. God offers peace to all who find refuge in Him. You no longer have to fear or worry; place your burdens on Him, and find safety. John 16:33, 2 Thessalonians 3:16, Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7.
- Relationship– vs. 15, God is a loving, relational being. Even when you are feeling lonely, you are never alone. You can call God any time of day, and He will be waiting. Revelation 3:20, James 4:8, Psalm 86:15.
- Trusted Friend– vs. 4b, You have a faithful friend. God is the only friend you will ever have that will always come through for you. You never have to doubt His commitment and love for you. John 15:13, Deuteronomy 31:6, Lamentations 3: 22-23, Numbers 23:19.
- Home– vs. 9, God offers us home for eternity. Trust in the Lord, and it is given. No mortgage, utilities, or maintenance. Completely free of worry by handing over your cares to the one who loves you most. John 14:1-2, 1 Kings 8:13, John 14:23
- Life– vs. 16, He gives eternal life through His salvation. Acts 4:12, Psalm 37:39, Psalm 62:1, 1John 2:25.
- Understanding– vs. 8, The eyes represent the understanding of the human spirit. Opening of the eyes is often used to reference the opening of understanding. Understanding produces the principles of our belief system. Matthew 6:22, Luke 24:25, Psalm 146:8.
- Wisdom– vs. 14, His almighty wisdom is made available when we give our lives to Jesus. This is a discernment for decision making based on God’s principles. This wisdom comes from the understanding we receive from the study of God’s Word. James 1:5-6, Jeremiah 33:3, Proverbs 4:5, Colossians 1:9.
I hope you find encouragement in Psalm 91 and read further into God’s word for more inspiration from the one who loves you most, God Almighty.